To introduce knowledge and understanding of the business and its environment and the influence this has on how organisations are structured and on the role of the accounting and other key business functions in contributing to the efficient, effective and ethical management and development of an organisation and its people and their interaction with technology, data and information systems
On successful completion of this exam, candidates should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and types of businesses and how they interact with key stakeholders and the external environment.
- Understand business organisation structure, functions and the role of corporate governance..
- Recognise the functions, systems and new technologies in accountancy and audit in communicating, reporting and assuring financial information, including the effective compliance, internal control and security of financial and other data.
- Recognise the principles of authority and leadership and how teams and individuals are recruited, managed, motivated and developed.
- Understand the importance of personal effectiveness as the basis for effective team and organisational behaviour.
- Recognise that all aspects of business and finance should be conducted in a manner which complies with and is in the spirit of accepted professional ethics and professional values.
- The business organisation, its stakeholders and the external environment
- Business organisational structure, functions and governance
- Accounting and reporting systems, compliance, control, technology and security
- Leading and managing individuals and teams
- Personal effectiveness and communication
- Professional ethics in accounting and business