The aim of the syllabus is to develop the knowledge and skills expected of a finance manager, in relation to investment, financing, and dividend policy decisions.
On successful completion of this exam, candidates should be able to:
- Discuss the role and purpose of the financial management function
- Assess and discuss the impact of the economic environment on financial management
- Discuss and apply working capital management techniques
- Carry out effective investment appraisal
- Identify and evaluate alternative sources of business finance
- Discuss and apply principles of business and asset valuations
- Explain and apply risk management techniques in business.
- Financial management function
- Financial management environment
- Working capital management
- Investment appraisal
- Business finance
- Business valuations
- Risk management